Friday, September 11, 2015

I want a ....


I have always said, "The Old Rite is a machine for praying in".
Obviously there are health and safety issues and how many bishops will trust the their clergy winching them up 42 meters? Obviously here, I trust all the gentleman who assist at the altar*.


*Except for one, he recently left me to choke, whilst he looked on gleefully he refused to pour in the water for the second ablution, waiting for me to turn purple - it was the look of sheer delight on his face that haunts me.
Then there is the other one who emptied the thurible on me as I knelt at Benediction, the rest are fine, ....I think.
Just now, another of them turned to serve the 'traddie' Mass up with table he had 'borrowed' 5 years ago from the Church.

But of course I would trust them with my life.

6 comments:

CatholicNI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pelerin said...

My that was impressive - looks almost as dangerous as the giant swinging censor in Santiago! Perhaps, Father, you could do something similar if you offered to bless the i360 when it opens and sail up to the top! I noticed tonight there is a light on the top presumably as a warning to low flying planes or seagulls.

Pelerin said...



Lourdesman mentioned the gawking tourists in Milan Cathedral. I remember my mother telling me of her surprise when she visited Milan some years ago and went in to see the cathedral. She was approached by someone who tried to sell her an enormous carpet he was carrying over his shoulders!

(I should have written 'thurible' since I cannot spell censer correctly!)

Anonymous said...

When "Lourdesman"'s writes of "your mock Mass" they mean the Holy Sacrifice as celebrated in the Ordinary Form by you, Father, and probably your celebration of the Extraordinary Form too, since you are in communion with the Holy Father whom they label "anti-Catholic" destroyers along with all popes "since the death of Pius X" according to their web site.

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

The Old Rite is a purely Catholic Creature. These days, hunted like the white Rhino...they hope, to extinction.

Fr Ray Blake said...

Thomas, I missed that, I have deleted the comment - an uber-Catholic!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...